This week we learned how Screencastify works and were asked to come up with a hypothetical inquiry question that we could use in our future classrooms. I found a website called DK Find Out! and it has resources for teachers, parents and students! To give you an idea of what the website can offer,  please refer to the video made from Screencastify below. I decided to focus my inquiry on something related to animals and nature. By selecting that choice through the home page it brought me to a wire variety of animals and nature to select. Within each of those topics they provide specific information, pictures, quiz-like games, and more!

With our visit in Rebecca’s classroom in mind, this website feels like a great tool for students to use to develop inquiries. Screencastify would be a great tool for students to use to document their learning, potentially record presentations, create awareness on environmental sustainability (less paper being used) and would be a good way to incorporate technology into the class. Screencastify could also provide many positives for teachers. For example, teachers can provide instructional videos for students to use as reference over and over again. This would also work well for any students who perhaps miss class and provides a chance for them to watch and understand what they missed and need to do. I also could see this being useful for a teacher to use and provide to a substitute teacher. This would give the sub a chance to understand instructions with voice as well. Students could also use it for reference in that scenario as well.

Overall, I would love to find a way to incorporate Screencastify in my future classroom, as I think it provides many benefits for students and teachers!