Thank you for sharing your blog post Amanda! It was interesting to hear about your experience on taking an inclusion specific course and its focus on UDL guidelines. I think I have only had one class prior to this course that discussed UDL guidelines,  although inclusion is often talked about within the Elementary Education Program. I also hadn’t really considered online learning environments at the time of hearing about UDL, as it wasn’t something as relevant to us back then as it is now with COVID-19 in mind. I agree that our course readings have been a useful tool in learning more about inclusion, especially in an online environment.

In my blog post I also talked about how students who live in poverty, who have disabilities and who are ELL are impacted negatively from online learning.  This is concerning information, but also not completely shocking to me. I feel that these students are faced with challenges no matter what type of learning environment they are in and feel passionate to ensure that UDL guidelines are incorporated into all learning environments to help make sure that students’ needs are being met no matter what their circumstances are.

The graphic that you included was super useful for giving ideas on how to ensure that learning is accessible for all students. I also agree that giving students choice is a key part to the UDL guidelines and will provide students with room to properly express themselves. I liked the connection you made in this paragraph about Indigenous students as well, as I think that is a very important component to be thinking about with online learning, as we want to ensure that cultural identity is recognized and that students feel that their learning environment is authentic, meaningful and relevant.