Hi Brittany! I really enjoyed reading your blog post! I agree that after reading our course readings I felt more educated and familiar with recognizing the needs of all students, particularly in an online setting. I also hope to learn about techniques on how to create an effective learning environment!

In your second paragraph I think you do a great job at answering the prompt provided for this topic. I agree that the design of a course/lesson is very important and will create meaningful, authentic and relevant learning environment for students.

I liked your connection to the Circle of Courage and to the ED-D 301 course, as I was also in that class and I hadn’t thought about that connection! The models that you included provide as a great resource when thinking about student engagement and motivation!

In your final paragraph you bring up the following important topics:

• The importance of student choice, as addressed in the UDL guidelines.
  • Communication will help build relationships, especially in an online setting.
  • Ensuring that all students safety and privacy needs are met (FIPPA).

These topics bring your blog post to a nice conclusion. Overall, I felt that you made great connections to our course readings (from other topics too) to other resources (FIPPA, models, other courses, articles, etc) and answered the prompt very clearly! Good job!