What obstacles do educators face when they try to change pedagogy?

I believe that educators face issues when trying to change pedagogy for various reasons. As discussed in class, some of the older generation of teachers have had an entirely different educational experience and life experiences than the current generation and it seems as though some of those teachers may be somewhat stuck in their way with regards to new pedagogy. That reluctancy from teachers and staff can provide the new generation of teachers with conflict, as they might not be receiving the support and collaboration that is useful when trying new pedagogy in a school. That being said, looking at the viewpoint from the teacher from the older generation I can imagine that trying to incorporate new pedagogy may be time consuming and overwhelming to some.

One benefit with pursuing this career now is that we are being educated with BC’s new Curriculum and are being provided with the resources and information that will be relevant to our career. It may be difficult for the older generation of teachers to find effective resources and tools to find confidence in trying new pedagogy.

Another obstacle that I can imagine teachers facing when trying new pedagogy is the pressure from parents. I believe that some parents hold the schools and teachers accountable for teaching their children certain things and maybe in a certain way. As a future teacher, I hope to find balance between respecting parents needs and wants while also creating a class learning environment that is positive and fits the needs of all students!