This is my final blog post on my journey learning how to play the piano!

Looking back to the beginning of this semester to now, I feel quite satisfied with the progress that I have made. That being said, I also feel that given recent life circumstances with COVID-19, I wish I was able to give myself more time in practicing. I would have thought that having to stay at home all day would give me that extra time I need, but that definitely wasn’t the case!

The stress of having family being away and others having severe coronavirus symptoms, preparing for my own family to have food, etc., I had to realize that my school obligations had to  go on the back burner temporarily in order to stay sane and healthy during this crazy time.  I was feeling extremely anxious and stressed out and thought that piano actually may help with this, which once I was able to find time for it did!

Although I did not learn both hands together perfectly, I did make quite a bit of progress on the right hand and feel comfortable with submitting this assignment in knowing that I gave it my best effort. Once my school assignments are completed, I will definitely have more free time and will continue learning this song and probably other songs!

Through this experience, I have learned that practicing is very important and that learning a new instrument is difficult! I do feel that being able to play piano is very beneficial for teachers and I would like to continue learning so that I can use it in my future classroom.

Thank you Anita (music teacher) for all your support throughout this class and encouraging us to incorporate music into our personal lives, but also our future classrooms!

Here is the link to my video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YqbOiejoCJE&feature=youtu.be

Note: filmed by a child so I apologize for the shakiness!